Did you know that we go to Uganda? We’d love to go every quarter, but let’s be real, that’s a lot of flying.
Here’s a little run down of what we’ve done in the past:
A group of four young women were eagerly awaiting a trip of a lifetime to continue to impact and change lives for those living in poverty in Kibaale, Uganda. Our team of four twenty-somethings focused and working primarily with orphaned children, widowed women and the HIV Positive population and bring programs to benefit and empower them.
Here’s what we did:
- Registered 250 orphaned children into our program
- medical intervention
- mosquito net distribution
- school enrollment
- school supply gift bags
- Girl’s Leadership Retreat, First Ever!
- Ages 15-18
- Empowered and encouraged and taught girls that they matter and they have so much potential
- HIV/AIDS education and counseling
- Broke ground on our new Community Center
- Checked in on our community garden
- Visited our existing women’s projects
We are pleased to announce that BFoH has hired our very first employee. We met with her on this trip. She will be our full time social worker and boots on the ground, vision advocate in Kibaale. She is a native of Uganda and is the daughter of a pastor who has been previously connected with BFoH. We are so excited to have her on our team!
We encourage you to pray for our trip and spread the word to everyone you know about these projects we’ve worked on and that opportunities for future projects open up!
If you would like to donate school supplies or children’s clothing let us know!