We are getting ready to pack our bags and leave town in just a couple weeks! A group of four young women are eagerly awaiting a trip of a lifetime to continue to impact and change lives for those living in poverty in Kibaale, Uganda. We will be focusing and working primarily with orphaned children, widowed women and the HIV Positive population and bring programs to benefit and empower them.
While we are in Uganda we will be:
- Registering 250 orphaned children into our program
- bringing in medical professionals
- providing misquote nets
- enrolling in school
- supplying school supplies
- Holding a Girl’s Leadership Retreat
- Ages 25-18
- Empower and encourage and teach these girls that they do matter and they have so much potential.
- HIV/AIDS testing, education and counseling
- Breaking ground on our new Community Center
- Advancing our community garden
- Visiting our existing women’s projects
We are pleased to announce that BFoH is hiring our very first employee on this trip! She will be our full time social worker and contact person in Kibaale. She is a native of Uganda and is the daughter of a pastor who has been previously connected with BFoH. We are so excited to have her on our team!
We encourage you to pray for our trip and spread the word to everyone you know!
If you would like to donate school supplies or children’s clothing, we are accepting them until January 5th. If you would like to support a girl to attend our leadership camp and supply her with school supplies, the cost is $5 per girl. You can donate on our page via PayPal or contact us for a direct donation.
You can send the team off with prayers and good thoughts at our Open House and Prayer Walk on January 10th at 1900 Park, an art gallery in Layfayette Square. Contact us for more details at Rebecca@bfoh.org