BFoH is proud to introduce our Sponsorship Program!
We are in search of 50 individuals to commit to sponsorship for 1 year at a time. When that year is up, we welcome you to renew your sponsorship!
For $30 a month for 12 months (totaling $360) You can sponsor 5 orphaned children. Your sponsorship will allow each of the 5 children to be:
- Moved to a safe home with a consistent caregiver or family member (if needed)
- Registered in a Government School according to their age level
- Given school supplies (notebooks, pencils, uniforms, testing booklets)
- Given a pack of vegetable seeds to be planted in their home garden and educated on proper nutrition and health
- Given toothbrushes, toothpaste and hygiene products
- Examined by a medical professional, treated for whatever illnesses they may have and be given an HIV test and helped accordingly
- Given a mosquito net and taught how to use and care for it properly
- Invited to our Community Center (once built) once a week for programs, classes, educational events, community outreach, homework help and much more
- Enrolled in our Summer Leadership Programs and have the ability to learn a trade or a handcraft while out of school.
We have the capacity to care for 250 orphaned children. Through a strict registration process, we register children who are total orphans, meaning they do not have a living mother or father. Some of those children are living safely with a relative or friend and some are living on the streets, needing housing. Those children take preference but we will also make exceptions on case by case basis of accepting children with one living parent who is unable to care for them.
We currently have 52 children registered through our Social Worker, Doris. She is awaiting sponsorship for them and will continue to register more as the funds become available. We have several children in our program already who suffer from illness, are HIV positive and have developmental disorders and special needs. If you are interested in sponsoring a specific child with any of the above listed, please let me know, that sponsorship might look a little different than a general sponsorship as they will have higher fees to support them depending on their situation.
If you are interested in sponsorship, please e-mail us and let us know. We can accept donations on our Paypal page (link below) or you can send a check to our office. Both can be arranged over e-mail.
Thank you for your support!
If you interested in donating, please visit our donation page.